Monday, February 22, 2016

Trump Yapping Again

Whether it's because he wasn't trending for a couple days and wants us talking about him, or that he really believes it, Trump has inserted foot into mouth again. He re-tweeted a tweet challenging Cruz and Rubio's eligibility to run for President. When asked about it by George Stephanopoulos Trump replied “I really – I’ve never looked at it, George. I honestly have never looked at it." Political speak for "I can change my tune later saying I have now looked into it." Rubio was born in Florida to Cuban immigrants, which makes him first generation born in America, which makes him American in my book. I'm first generation on my fathers side and if you came up to me in person and challenged me being American, we'd have an issue. The constitution says only a natural born citizen can become President. When reviewing Ted Cruz' eligibility The Harvard Law Review Forum last year wrote, While some constitutional issues are truly difficult, with framing-era sources either nonexistent or contradictory, here, the relevant materials clearly indicate that a “natural born Citizen” means a citizen from birth with no need to go through naturalization proceedings. I can only imagine this applies to Rubio as well, making him fully eligible to run.

Donald Trump is not stupid. He might have been left a bunch of money from Daddy, but if he was stupid he'd be stone broke and featured on a "Whatever happened to" show. So I think it's a ploy for attention but I think he needs to step back and swallow a dose of shut it on this subject. It's one thing to keep harping on a subject that has validity, but it's totally different if there is no merit behind the issue. You're gonna lose support Donald if you keep after the "birther" idea. It's basically down to three and Trumps lead may diminish some with Jeb gone and then when it comes down to two, if he's one of those two, anyone he alienates by spouting foolishness will end up backing the other guy. I don't know maybe Donald should give control of his twitter account temporarily to he campaign team. At least then he could blame stupid remarks on someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment